We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews

Hi

Does anyone know why hotel reviews suddenly disappear? I wrote a review of the Hotel Calypso Plus and then my mother also wrote one and then my niece and her family who holidayed there after us also wrote reviews. All but mine of these reviews have now disapperaed which seems a bit odd.

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews

Was there anything in the reviews that could be judged unfair? Someone may have complained about the reviews and had them taken down for further investigation?

You could contact tripadvisor to ask why they've been removed.

I suppose it might also happen if Tripadvisor suspect undue promotion - there are a lot of "reviews" submitted by friends and relatives of staff and owners, or even staff and owners themselves.

Edited: 5:22 am, August 31, 2010
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews

Thanks - it just seems very odd - my niece and her friend wrote reviews from a young persons point of view and apart from my mum and I all the surnames were different. As the hotel is newly opened - they are probably relying on feedback - I will contact tripadvisor to see if they know what is going on. The reviews were obviously written by English people and so were genuine.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews

You can refer those people asking about their reviews to two resources:

1. The TA Support forum at: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Regular posters on that forum can help walk a user through the process of getting a review posted. The publishing process has several steps to it and it requires some responses from the author to proceed.

2. The User Review Support form in the Help Center: http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport they can use this to ask TA staff members about the status of their review via private email. When asked for the name of the review, have them choose "not listed."

The most common reason for a review that is not published - is that the author did not respond to a verification request from TA.

I hope that helps

Edited: 5:50 am, August 31, 2010
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews

also have a read here;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k3847184…

yorkshire
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews

Hi, have just read your lovely review on the Calypso Plus. Might seem a stupid question but did anyone in your family post the review under a different hotel name? For example one (very popular) hotel in Dalyan has about 3 different review listings depending on how people have described the name.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews

No they were all there under the same as mine and then a few days ago three of them disappeared. It is a lovely hotel and they are all trying to get it established and the staff are wonderful.

yorkshire
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews

Well thanks at least for your own positive review as we are going to this hotel in October.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews

I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday, Mert, Haydir and the rest of the staff will make sure you do.

Best wishes

Victoria

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews

How very strange the reviews I mentioned that had disappeared - have today come back again. Maybe someone from TA reads the forum!

10. Re: Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 02, 2011