We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop in pub

London, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Pop in pub

I'm sorry Tidus, but everyone is allowed their own views., and I feel this topic shouldn't be closed.

Our family was in daylan in july,(for 2 weeks) a group of eight, ages ranging from 13 -49. We all enjoyed the pop in pub, their food was fantastic, ( best steak in daylan). and the staff were FANTASTIC,. they were so friendly, and most of all they made us feel very welcome. A credit to them and daylan for a fantastic holiday. So much so we've booked to come back next July and I hope Kadri, Eerhan, Denize and the rest of the gang are all still there.

If you want a quiet night out, then this is not for you, But if you want a nice meal with a friendly atmosphere and a bit of a boogie. TRY IT, you wont be disappointed.

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Pop in pub

I have no problem with others thoughts or experience of this pub. I'm pleased you (and others) have enjoyed your visit , and have written saying so. But.....I also think this guy has been told what has been written on this forum, and may have modified his behaviour accordingly. Also, as already said, things are apparently different now to how they were in May.

On a final note, I don't appreciate the implication made by a previous poster that my comment was 'cooked up'. I am not a liar.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Pop in pub

hi all

this is just getting silly, i'm sure if it was said it was meant as a light hearted joke, I thought this forum was for reporting the good and bad in daylan, not about who said what!

I have really enjoyed our first time in daylan, the pop in pub is i think a great place to eat and have fun, and the staff were nothing but a pleasure, and as for the frontman, he was a gentleman.

Cant wait to go back and see them all next year.

Yorkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Pop in pub

Shaz ....away from this topic have you any other thoughts (good or bad) to report from your first visit to Dalyan?

A new thread would be nice, (sort of like a trip report), saying where you stayed, the trips you did, the other restaurants or bars you might have liked. It would be great (having been 8 of you on the holiday) if you could share your Dalyan experience.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Pop in pub

ginsin your post seems to clarify the situation

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Pop in pub

hi all

how long can this post go on [hopefully before tidus gets back]

the pop in bar is what it is [its what it says on the tin]

you either love it or hate it, many people love it and visa versa.

the only question is. is daylan big enough to have the pop in bar.

absolutely YES is the answer, there are loads of differant bars and if the pop in bar is as popular as it it then obviously has its place.

i'm not trying to be clever here but if its not your scene then DONT go in it aint rocket science. [AND THE FOOD GOOOD ALSO].

barry and mary

New Forest National...
Level Contributor
270 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Pop in pub

I haven't been to Dalyan yet this year but will be leaving this Saturday for a two week stay so no doubt will have my say when I get back. Although I wouldn't necessarily seek out this kind of place, and probably would not go to any resort where it is the norm, I don't want to spend my holiday in a bar that seems more like a morgue. Trying to find a balance is not always easy. However, I think the thing on most peoples minds is that if this bar is popular it wont be long before others like it are opening. This will then start to attract a different kind of holiday maker and Dalyan will no longer be the resort we all love now.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan