We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalyan Mossies

reading
Level Contributor
28 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Dalyan Mossies

Are there lots of mosquitoes, being as the resort is near the river.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,728 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalyan Mossies

Yes, there will be a lot, mainly at dawn and night.

But you can buy a local repellent "Simkov" it works pretty well (mostly:-)).

Tschüss

patara01

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
510 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalyan Mossies

We didn't have a problem with them this year, I only had one bite. I usually put jungle forumla on in the evenings and never wear any perfume. One year we got lost, by the river, around dusk and something made a meal of us, but I'm not convinced that they were mossie bites.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalyan Mossies

Hi i am just back i used Jungle Formula was bitten on my back twice but did not spray it none on my arms or legs. I did see people take vitimin B .

Northleach, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalyan Mossies

We came back from there 2 weeks ago and I only got bit a couple of times. Whether it's because I sprayed myself from head to toe every day with repellent or I was just lucky but I was expecting them to be more of a problem especially as it was by the river.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalyan Mossies

we spent a week in dalyan in may expecting lots of bites being by the river,but didnt have one.used simkov which does the job. patara01 .always love your sign off "tschuss" only hear this friendly goodbye when visiting my daughter in germany

scotland
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalyan Mossies

eight of us just back and very few bites mostly to those who choose not to protect them selves i used jungle formula no bites just like last year

North Ayrshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalyan Mossies

Sinkov is the best stuff I have ever had for the mossies. Even the midges here in Scotland dont like it.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalyan Mossies

My I also suggest Avon Skin So Soft - Dry Oil Body Spray - is renouned for repelling mossies - you probably have to spray it on all exposed parts, and for people who are very suseptible to bites, top up with Turkish Sinkov or Jungle Formula or any mossie spray with DEET. I also put Essential oil of Citronella in my sun lotion! I am a nightmare for mossies. My other half also got bitten by Biting flies - this was near a still water pond though, so the Dalyan Delta may not be that bad. However, I think its just as well to be prepared.

Good luck everyone

Dahne-Cool

9. Re: Dalyan Mossies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:56 am, December 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan