We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

cheshire
Level Contributor
326 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

Just looking at an old copy of Rough Guide, the following restaurants are recommended::

Metin Pide

The Golden Crab

Atay Dostler Sofrasi

Hazir Yemek Place Kosem

Have they all stood the test of time?

What do you think?

england
Level Contributor
412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

metin pide definitely has, we were there last week, and also atay dostler, cant speak for the other two.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

Hi Vilecat, you have been reading these forums - and will have read how every year the chef from x moves to y, and probably the next year moves back to x!! By their very nature these sort of publications are out of date as soon as they are published - never mind if it is an "old copy"! Really your best resource is your own experience from last year, and add to that the posts you read on this TA forum from people who have actually visited this year - and don't forget to come back to post your own impressions!

And by the way out of the ones you mention (apart from Metin Pide - which certainly started off well and over the years seems to have gotten even better - and expanded in what they serve from what I read on TA - steak for example would never have been on the menu!) - Golden Crab (near to what now seems used to be Blue Bar) certainly used to be an old stalwart - especially for "crab" - supposedly their speciality!! Whether still there nowadays, sorry I don't know!!

Edited: 7:16 pm, May 24, 2010
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
59 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

Golden Crab was still there last year, and the crab cakes were still as good as ever!!! Definately worth a visit.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

I have to agree with Attagul about the guide books, even the more recent ones are woefully out of date. Furthermore, in the areas I am familiar with, it always seems like the same few places are mentioned in each book, as though the information is copied - even down to the mistakes.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

Haven't eaten at the Golden Crab for ages, it was one of the first restaurants we ever tried, when the lovely Eser was there, such a nice man, great food and he taught me my first Turkish words. He is now at Safran restaurant which is also very good. Will have to make the effort to eat there again. Also never eaten at Metin Pide, will also have to remedy that too.

6. Re: Restaurants recommended in Rough Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations