We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

onus airlines

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
onus airlines

we are flying out on friday from manchester are this airline as bad as i have heard,no meals, no entertainment, no legroom,£3 for a drink.

anybody any experiences with this airline?

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: onus airlines

They are OK. Its Onur air, not Onus.

No meals - true (same as most other airlines)

No entertainment - true

No legroom - well you never get much, but actually I thought they had a bit more than some other operators, so not too bad.

£3 a drink - sorry, can't remember what in flight prices were like.

My biggest issue with Onur is that every single flight I ever took with them was delayed (6 flights total). I now avoid them for this reason only.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: onus airlines

If I had a preference in which airline to choose to fly to Turkey it would be Onur air, I have had 16 flights in 7 years with this airline and not once have I had a delay, Even if I did have a delay I would much rather stay in the airport than travel with an onboard poblem, The problems people have with ailines is that they expect far to much, Many people are unhappy with the onboard meal, Many people are unhappy with prices of drink, I have seen people say the inflight magazine provided by the airline had chewing gum stuck to the pages rather unlikely done by the staff of the airline but done by ignorant passengers, I have seen people complain about tubulance when in the air the list is endless really.

Have a nice flight and enjoy your holiday

Manchester
Level Contributor
884 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: onus airlines

I remember the complaint about turbulence...still makes me smile now!

Onur Air are fine. Very basic but I have never had a problem. Take a drink, snack, book and Ipod or something, you'll be fine!

Enjoy your holiday.

essex
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: onus airlines

we have traveled with then the last few years an had no prob at all. they dont stock much on duty free so my only advise would be if there is anything you want get it from the airport before you travel have great hol

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: onus airlines

Have flown with them more often than with other companies to Turkey and have never had any problem or reason for complaint flying with them.

Take the advise given by the other replies, take something to eat and something to keep you entertained.

Oh - and learn a few simple phrases in Turkish, the cabin crew will love you for it.

england
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: onus airlines

thanks everybody will do what you said

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: onus airlines

I have never had any problems with Onur either. They really are no different to any other airline and they certainly have more legroom then Thompson flights.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: onus airlines

Refer to my recent posts re this airline. I wouldnt go near one of their planes. The following taken from Wikipedia -

Onur Air aircraft were temporarily suspended from taking off or landing in France, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Germany for alleged safety breaches and the alleged need to tighten security standards. The airline denies all allegations, but 40,000 passengers were left grounded as a result. Talks were held with the Dutch aviation authorities.[2] After the airline and the Dutch aviation authorities reached an agreement, the ban was lifted and the airline was allowed to fly to the Netherlands again. Onur Air has threatened to sue the Dutch government because of alleged losses after its banishment, estimating their loss is at least 60 million euro of which they will claim €15 million. The Dutch government refused to reimburse them and questioned whether Onur Air has taken the banishment seriously and reviewed the safety of their aircraft. On October 29, 2007, the final court ruled that, although on false grounds, the temporary suspension was legal, and Onur Air was to receive no compensation.[3]

On June 17, 2003, Onur Air flight 2263 aborted take off and overshot the runway at Groningen Airport Eelde, the Netherlands.[4]

On July 18, 2006 there was an incident where the tail of an Airbus A 321 aircraft hit the runway during landing, damaging the pressurized passenger cabin.[citation needed]

On August 10, 2006 there was an incident on the flight from Paris to Bodrum, reportedly a window in the cockpit suffered a malfunction. As a result the plane flew at reduced altitude for over 2 hours and was re-routed to Istanbul.[citation needed]

On 15 September 2006, a pilot refused to fly an Onur Air flight, telling passengers that the plane was unsafe. This led to a reported 'mini-riot' on the plane.[5]

On January 1, 2007 an incident occurred whereby the cargo hold door of a McDonnell Douglas MD-88 aircraft burst open during flight. This was caused by a rapid depressurisation in the cabin. Luggage spilled onto the Runway when it touched down at Istanbul.[6]

On August 4, 2007 An Airbus A300-605R aircraft (Reg:TC-OAO) diverted to Belgrade en-route from Manchester to Antalya due to an undisclosed technical fault. No injuries were reported.[citation needed]

On September 7, 2007 An Airbus A 321 aircraft lost cabin pressure on a Dalaman-Birmingham flight and the plane had to make an emergency landing to Istanbul airport. Passengers also reported smoke coming from the left engine as it landed at Istanbul. Some passengers claim that their air masks on A321 did not work and one passenger kept a piece of one that had fallen apart completely. Onur Air failed to make any explanation to passengers.[citation needed]

On May 1, 2008 an Onur Air aircraft taking off from Antalya made an emergency landing back at the airport.. Shortly after takeoff, passengers reported a loud noise and the aircraft started to sink to the ground. The pilot dumped most of the fuel over water and landed back at Antalya. No one was hurt in the incident, although several passengers were treated for emotional distress. The aircraft had 166 passengers onboard, most of which were Dutch tourists returning to Holland

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: onus airlines

Gasp.....!!

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: onus airlines

Oh, for goodness sake!

Your extracts from Wikipedia on Onur Air have been dealt with many times on the TA Turkey threads before.

I was involved for many years in a professional capacity dealing with aircraft accidents and the incidents you cite are little compared to incidents that occur to major airlines all the time.

Personally, having flown Onur Air, I would much rather fly with them than risk getting DVT or something worse due to the cramped seating on at least 2 other airlines that regularly fly into Turkey.

Onur Air have been flying for 17 years without a single fatal accident. You can't say the same of American Airlines, Air France, SAS, Spanair, Singapore Airlines or Swissair, to name but a few.

If your read back through the Turkey threads you'll find that many people fly Onur regularly and prefer them to the other choices available.

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations