We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yuvarlak Cay

Bristol
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yuvarlak Cay

Only a fortnight before we return to Dalyan for our second visit - can hardly wait!

We thought we'd like to try something new this time as well as revisiting our favourite parts from previously - the 12-island trip, jeep safari etc - and have noticed that although it's the second place mentioned in your "Things To Do" section there appears to be very little info on Yuvarlak Cay.

Has anyone actually been there and would they recommend it as a day out?

We do not intend to hire a car this year as we found it would be totally unnecessary last time, but are you able to get there by public transport?

If so, how long does it take and how much does it cost?

...And does anyone have any other suggestions for day trips? - for example, the botanical gardens just out of town look promising.....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

You can get a direct mini bus to Y.C. from the Ko-op stand , think it was 20 Lira, but it will depend on numbers and there is only 1 return time. Dont think it is a daily trip either.

Not sure of the route via public dolmus. Our jeep safari took us close to where the Cay is but not actually into it.

Iain

Bristol
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Hi again everyone!

I'm bumping this back to the top as we're arriving in Dalyan this Sunday and I've only received this one reply here.

Is there no-one else out there who has visited this place and thinks it a worthwhile excursion or should we forget it?

Any other day trips people can recommend?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

When we stayed the other week at the Beyaz Gul (just down along the river after the "Bermuda triangle" of bars...!) I saw that they offered their guests a trip to Yuvarlak Cay.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,535 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Hi,

we have been at Yuvalak Cay 3 years ago, by dolmus, and I remember that we paid 17 TL each, so the price of 20 TL now might be correct.

I don´t know if it was the usual trip but we enjoyed it pretty much.

First we drove the main road to Mugla till a big forest (on the right). We stopped at a parking area and then the dolmus driver helped us climbing up a steep but nearly dry waterfall (a bit muddy and some little streams). I think everybody without moving disabilities can manage it but you should wear good shoes, no flip flops.

After a short walk you will reach a real waterfall with a nice pool where you can take a short swim (it´s pretty cold and steep to climb down).It´s a very lovely area and you could walk there for longer but after a while we walked back and drove back the main road towards Dalyan. At any junction (now to the left) with a bridge behind we followed a road across some villages and then we stopped at a restaurant called "Pinar". It`s a restaurant built along and over a river, you can relax there for a while and have a decent lunch, fish or chicken. After some hours we drove back and arrived at Dalyan at about 16:30 or 17:00. There are some more restaurants, so I don´t know if you will always be leaded to this one.

We enjoyed the trip but we would go there another time on our own, because we would have liked to stay at the waterfall for longer but to stay at the restaurant for a shorter while, you couldn´t do there much more than relaxing.

But all in all it was a nice day and worth the money.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,535 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

... I meant mobility disabilities.

Enjoy your trip and when you are back it would be very helpful to read about your Yuvarlak Cay experiences:-).

Tschüss

patara01

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,535 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Oh, and I have forgotten to mention that the costs for lunch haven´t been included.

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Just got back from our 9th trip to Dalyan and for the first time we hired a car for a day and went to Yuvarlak Cay for lunch by the river - gorgeous lunch of trout (plus chips & the best bread ever) and it was our cheapest meal of the whole holiday.

The car was only 95lira between 5 of us and it was great being able to stop as & when we wanted for views, drinks, lunch etc as opposed to a tour.

Hope this helps.

essex
Level Contributor
575 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

hi another trip we done a few times was saklikent it is a gorge walk but if you dont want to do the gorge you can sit out over the river and have a lovely drink. you also on same trip go to the loveliest setting resturant i have seen. its worth it just for that . its a full day and you also see some ruins at tlos. we went with yesil which is in the main high street opposite the antic restaurant . well worth doing . enjoy your hol

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Hi, sorry this is late post.

I visited Yuverlak Cay by car, had a great lunch with friends on the river platform, very tranquil setting. Yes I would recommend it as nice place to go out and walk in the countryside by the river. The route I know is before you reach Koycegiz town and you turn towards a hamlet called Beyobasi - a narrow right hand turning which is signposted, driving for quite a bit on undulating lands through a valley. I not sure about dolmus routes to it but I am sure there will be a dolmus for Beyobasi. If you bypass Koycegiz to a hamlet called Zeytinalani I believe you can reach from there too.

It is quite shaded by the river so recommend you take a jacket or cardi when you are relaxing there.

Bristol
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yuvarlak Cay

Hi everyone!

Just returned from our fortnight in Dalyan, even better than previously!

So to answer my own posting (!!) (in case anyone else is interested) we did this trip a fortnight ago by dolmus from the usual place by the mosque.

Yes, the area is very attractive but the waterfall is more of a dribble, we saw a much larger one on the coast at Exmoor a month ago!

You can swim under it if you're brave or hardy enough -I'll post photos at a later date.

The rest of the trip takes you to a trout farm and once again, although it was very beautiful, it turned out to be exactly the same place as we'd been on our Jeep Safari two years ago!

So in retrospect, not an essential day out but a good chill-out... which is no bad thing when the heat is on in Dalyan, eh?

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations