We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

Norfolk
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

Hello guys/gals

Well i have decided to take my wife away for a suprise wedding aniversary holiday !!!!

Today i have booked a week in the Binlik Hotel in Dalyan starting on the 28th, the flights are no very good both ways but it was at short notice i think very reasonable.

My question is its a long time since we have been in Turkey and im wondering what the costs are like for basic stuff.

Beer,Food ( nice meal not rubbish )trips out etc so i can get a rough idea how much to budget for. ( I know this is an often asked question and hard to answer but i just need a rough idea )

hampshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

Hı lıttle1large1

Am in Dalyan at the moment so have current prices!

Large beer 4tl ın most places, 3.5 ın a few.

A decent meal will start at about 15tl (6 pound) for a main course, dependıng where you eat.

Soft drınks between 2.5 & 3 tl.

Boat trıps to the beach, lake etc.seem to be around 30tl (12 pound) for a full day with lunch. Hirıng a boat ıs between 100 and 200tl dwpwndıng on how long you want it for - 200 gives you a full day with lunch and you choose where to go i.e. beach, crab fıshıng, lake swimmıng.

The current exchange rate at the post offıce ıs 2.44tl to the pound.

Hope thıs helps.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

Nice one and many thanks for taking time to reply now get on and enjoy your holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

We usually take £500 for 2 of us for a week. You could go over that if you eat steak every night and have lots of alcohol, or under if you eat simpler turkish dishes and stick to beer. That budget includes a bottle of wine with dinner (expensive at £10-£15) so you can cut costs that way. We usually self cater breakfast and some lunches. We would normally do 1-2 excursions included in that budget.

Hope that helps. Bear in mind if you take more money, you can always bring it back!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

Cheers all for the replys.

5. Re: Hi Guys/Girls Advice Needed Please. Dalyan and Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations