We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cameras

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Topic
Cameras

Hi there

Does anyone know if you can buy decent cameras in Dalyan or any nearby towns hubby wants a DSLR.

Thanks Dawn

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cameras

You're better buying here or in the duty free (although you can get better bargains in town most of the time) as Turkey isn't a place to save on electrical items.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cameras

Agree with Jakki.. last year i took a toaster £4 from Tesco for our s/c stay..looked in a shop opposite Migros £22...as Jakki said its not a country for electrical bargains...xraymondox

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cameras

Hi Raymondo

Just curious, did you leave the toaster there? never thought of that, thats the one thing we missed last trip. Agree with everyone else though on the electricals they do seem a lot more expensive over there. Good idea to take a toaster though, although it won't be going in my luggage if we go down that route!

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cameras

Hello Yorkie,yes i didnt bother to bring it back i was staying at SEDIR so when i stay there again in October i will be reunited with my £4 toaster,i could start a "rent a toaster" outlet ,you could be my first customer (discount for fellow D.E. member)

they are so small & light now that they are no problem in the luggage...you can even get them for £3.49 now, so well worth taking and leaving...

xraymondox

nottingham/dalyan
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cameras

Re toasters, the standard bread that you can buy everywhere (can't remember what its called- we call it rabbit bread cos' the shape of the slices look like the outline of a rabbit..) is rubbish toasted. To much air, not enough bread. Generally just shatters when you bite into it....

(another pointless post - work is quiet..)

ESSEX
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cameras

Tidus,reminds me of the veggie pie my wife ordered earlier this month,pastry was like a brick (no exageration)i wont say where we ate,maybe in a p m if anyone wants to know..when asked how was the meal we pointed out that the pastry was so hard and impossible to eat..the reply was "Thats due to our turkish flour,it's good for most things but usless for pastry,our reply was... "Then, why the b*eedin hell do you make pies with it"..lol xraymondox

7. Re: Cameras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 24, 2009