We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unspoilt Turkey

Brighton
1 post
Save Topic
Unspoilt Turkey

Hi, have been to dalyan twice and now want to try somewhere else in turkey that is similar to Dalyan. By similar to Dalyan I mean, good beaches, not too crowded and relatively quiet night life. I have come across fethiye & oludeniz but some have said these places are really touristy?

Also have liked the idea of Kas, but have been told it quite pricey?

Any ideas welcome

Many Thanks

Emily

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

I think Attagul's "Cirali" at the end was meant to be Çalis.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

''unless you stay at Cirali which is just a jungle of hotels and villas.''

I too think that Attagul must have been referring to another place because Cirali is far from a jungle of hotels and villas...must be a typo :=))

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
6,998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

Oh I am so sorry....

of course I did not mean to say Cirali (that is the last description that would apply!)

the last sentence of my post should have read:

"unless you stay at CALIS which is just a jungle of hotels and villas..."

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,603 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

A very special place is Patara.

It is just a small village with some nice family run hotels and pensions, some very decent restaurants and a few shops.

Nightlife is limited to the restaurants and (in 2006) two or three bars, sometimes with life music.

But the best of all is the marvellous beach.

About 15 km sand, dunes and sea, just a small area with sunbeds and then you can walk for miles quite alone.

Between the village and the beach there is a archaeological excavation, very interesting.

You can have a lot of trips by dolmus or by private taxi (not too expensive), for example to Kalkan, Kas, Myra, Fethiye, Gömbe ( with a lake in the mountains),Elmali, Pinara, Tlos(lycian rock tombs area)Saklikent (canyon) Xanthos, or just have a look to the small typical villages with grapewine and fresh trouts.

Patara is not too touristy just yet, it is still a hidden gem.

Have a nice time

Patara01

sussex
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

have you come to a decision yet emily?

16. Re: Unspoilt Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations