We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basar Hotel in Dalyan

manchester England
13 posts
Save Topic
Basar Hotel in Dalyan

Has anyone stayed at the Basar Hotel in dalyan have booked for sept. If so can you let me know what its like

Thanks

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,538 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basar Hotel in Dalyan

Hi,

we haven´t stood there but we have had a look to it and the owner showed us round.

It is a nice, small, family run hotel with cosy but small rooms and nice decorated bathrooms, situated in a calm small street.

There is a pool in a garden or yard, and in the evening the guests have been sitting around this pool for dinner.

Everything seemed to be very clean and neat, the owner and his staff were very friendly and hospitable.

I think it is adequate for people without children ( no play ground or we didn´t see it), who want to spend relaxed holidays in a familial atmosphere.

By the way it has been in 2005 when we have been there.Sometimes things are changing.

We had booked another hotel with a large garden and 3 pools where you could always find a quiet place for you.

Have a nice travel

Patara01

Cumbria
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Basar Hotel in Dalyan

Hi Glenys I have stayed at the basar 3 times, it is so peaceful, it is surrounded by cotton fields and you get a lovely view of the rock tombs which are lit at night. It tends not to attract people with families, so if you want total peace and quiet then this is it. The rooms are smallish but absolutely nip and clean and there is always plenty of hot water. The pool is a good size and is spotless with plenty of loungers and if you do decide to have a meal on a nightime then it is a set menu but the setting is lovely. You will love Dalyan, the people are so friendly without being over the top and there is some great restaurants and a fantastic beach, the best in Turkey. I have been holidaying in Turkey for the last 14 years and Dalyan is my favourite resort for getting away from it all. For luxury I like the Alla Turca but for total peace and relaxation then the Basar is a good choice.

I hope you have a great time , you have made a good choice for a holiday destination.

P.s visit Mother at the pancake cafe which is on the road that takes you from the centre to the hotel alla turca/holiday calbis. Her pancakes are the best and she is the most wonderful person, she and her family will make you very welcome.

Regards Ally

3. Re: Basar Hotel in Dalyan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations