We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gulet hire

sussex
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
gulet hire

hi , going to dalyan for a fortnight in august and i am looking for info on gulet hire. been to turkey many times before and i understand its not possible in dalyan, but i think gocek or fethiyemay be the best bet. i have hired agulet for the day in kalkan last year and would like to do the same whilst in dalyan. just looking to hire for 1 day for 4 adults and 5 children for swimming ,snorkling and chilling. when in kalkan i hired a great gulet privately for 80 pounds, the skipper took us to lots of lovely bays and even made our lunch! can ido something like that again? its just great to have your own boat exclusively for a few hours.hoping someone can help.thanks.

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: gulet hire

You can certainly hire a boat for the day in Dalyan privately that would take you up and down the river and on to the lake - my sister and her family did so some years ago when they stayed in or house. I don't know the details, but you can enquire at the boat coop in Dalyan or ask at the many boats moored along the riverbank there.

If you want to go to sea, Göcek is a better bet than Fethiye because the best area to go to are the "12 islands" which are nearer to Göcek (you can't go into Oludeniz with a motor powered boat in the season) - I know for certain that there are small gulets that do this as a private day hire, but don't have any details, I'll ask when I'm out there next, which will be well before you go.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
dk
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gulet hire

Hey

mye english is not the best.

but now problem to rent privat boat

in the main street you find ali ozalp,

he and his wive is ok and give you good prices.

he also have the ozalp hotel, as some is wriiting about on this sides

I love dalyan and go again nest week

good luck from dk

3. Re: gulet hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan