We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Which Cirali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MSP USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

We will be staying in Cirali in early June 2013.

I am looking for recommendations for a gulet day sailing trip from Cirali. Who should I contact to set this up?

Also we would like to find some type of water transport to Maden beach. Who should I contact? We would like to walk back to Cirali - how far is it?

Thanks for you help

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,225 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

MNBadger, welcome to Turkey.

For boat trips from Cirali, have a look at post No.10 at the following thread that also discusses other things to do at Cirali: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311312-i9908-k259…".

enigma...

MSP USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Thx, very useful info but please help with specific cirali sail boats or captains I should contact to set up a day sail trip.

We have a group of 8 so we may want to charter a boat.

Also need specifics on who to contact for water taxi service to Maden beach. Cost?

Finally, hiking distance from Maden beach back to Cirali?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Cirali beach is open to the ocean and does not have any jetties so gulets do not prefer to anchor here for any period of time. Those that you see there usually come from Kemer or other resort areas and stop (when it is calm) long enough for their cargo to be transfered by zodiak to the beach and to view the ruins of Olympos or the cafes at Cirali. There are some kayaking trips on offer on the calm days, I have never seen large boats - gulets - for charter here.

I would recommend you ask your accommodation place if they have any contacts. Ditto for any water taxi service. I have walked to Maden beach on the way to Terkirova which was a total time of 6hours. About 2 hours and 10-12km

MSP USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Thanks Bende,

Good advice. We are going on to Kas after Cirali so perhaps we will sail out of Kas which appears to have more boats.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Cirali does have local boats ( owned and operated ) where you can hire out for the day. One of the nicest boats in my opinion is the "Olympos A & B"

you can contact thr owner Bilal Şak at kumsal rent a car to discuss a private charter

GSM +90 532 547 11 83

GSM +90 535 333 44 45

Email info@kumsalrentacar.net

Address Çıralı / Olympos / Antalya

www.olymposyatturu.com/…

In the season there are probably more than 5-8 boats harbored in cirali being around may -october.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

also I have hiked myself to Maden beach and it would take about 2 hrs to get there..

also I posted this info last year..regarding the gulet boats

<<<I cannot say 100 % for sure the exact cost of the boat trip to Üc Adalar

but it is around 70-80 liras per person including lunch..also includes at stop at Phaselis.

but they dont go out everyday . only based upon having enough travellers for the boat...maybe once a week...however this trip does not offer the same amount of time for swimming oportunities

the best boat in Cirali is the one called "ANTIK Olympos" OR "OLYMPOS B" ..both boats are a proper gulet boat..lots of space and shade..no loud music and great service.

the other boat trip to to Porto Ceneviz, Coban Limani and Sazak. is far better in my opinion....more stops along the way..less in cost..and more time for swimming

this trip is; A daily boat trip from the bay of Cirali / Olympos will cruise along the edges of the Olympos fortress to Porto Ceneviz, Coban Limani and Sazak. The boat trip will take you along the deeply fissured coastal region visitng the many inlets and coves. Wonderful and natural harbours with fine secluded sandy beaches. Lunch is included on the boat. Trips leave at 10:20 am and get back around 6 pm.

Cost is 50 lira per person and includes lunch on the boat ( fish,spagetti, salad, fruit and tea ) drinks are extra.

25.00 liras for children under 9 yrs.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

<<<Also we would like to find some type of water transport to Maden beach. Who should I contact?<<<

also you may find a boat owner that will take you to maden with a speed boat..again check with Bilal..he can provide you with the info you need.

MSP USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

Thanks Canmom your posts are very detailed and thorough, much appreciated. I will contact Bilal accordingly.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

That Çoban Limanı trip is definitely on my to-do list.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cirali day sailing recs? & water transport to Maden beach?

MNBadger..your very welcome.

David..Çoban liman is awesome..when are you planning to come again to Cirali ?? be sure to let me know :=)