We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency for payment in small shops/bars

Which Cirali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Currency for payment in small shops/bars

Will sterling or euros be readily accepted?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency for payment in small shops/bars

at some places but not at all perhaps..better with euros and liras..but check where you are staying at if they accept GBP's or not.

I cant see why they would not..but eat place is different.

in the small shops and markets use liras perhaps and all if not most places will accept credit cards..but paying in cash for hotel accommodations there can sometimes be a discount

be sure to ask

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,989 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency for payment in small shops/bars

The currency is the Turkish lira. Anywhere that accepts another currency (euros or pounds or US dollars) will give a poor rate of exchange.

Take a debit card and get money out of ATMs.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency for payment in small shops/bars

<<<Take a debit card and get money out of ATMs.<<<

there are no ATM's in Cirali..

and yes of course the currency is Lira..but its easy enough to bring foreign currencies and pay in that denominations.

depends on who is exchanging it and their rates..dont expect the same rates as doviz buros ( exchange offices ) and even the kemer exchange offices offer a poorer rate than the ones in Antalya.

just a spelling correcting to my above post;

<<I cant see why they would not..but eat place is different.<<

that should be each place is different..and not eat..lol

PS..<<The currency is the Turkish lira.<<<

do you know how much buying and selling goes on in Turkey with for foreign currencies..as I live here I know.

homes, cars and many major electronic devices are sold with US dollars, GBP's and Euros..by turks..they list theire home prices in foreign currencies.to combat the inflation and devaluation of the turkish lira

4. Re: Currency for payment in small shops/bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 13, 2013