We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirali in the news

Which Cirali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,408 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cirali in the news

There were demonstrations in Cirali yesterday. The authorities moved in to close down illegal/unlıcensed businesses including four hotels.

Link to the newspaper article:

hurriyetdailynews.com/…

This has got to be good news to hear that the powers that be are moving in to protect this beautiful area. They are also helping support those that run their businesses legally with all the necessary hard work that goes alongside.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
255 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cirali in the news

Further to this issue..as a young girl the town I was born in Strahan in south west Tasmania became one of the biggest environmental protests in this country..to stop the damning of the Gordon river which my family and 400 others lived..David Bellamy & many others travelled to save this amazing wilderness....we were living in Queensland with the protest started & will always remember my normally conservative mum out protesting..finally people power & enormous world wide coverage & comdemnation stopped the environmental vandalism..today people travel from around the world to visit this beautiful wilderness...otherwise it would just be a big cement dam..so people power is strong...& lots of world wide publicity is ok if it can protect both wilderness & culturally significant places..which I am sure Cirali ticks those boxes...so I hope this will not happen there!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cirali in the news

trust me the locals and not just the owners of the pensions that have been affected are protesting and there is also outside support as well..

sign the petition to help..please !!!

change.org/petitions/…B1-istiyoruz

http://www.facebook.com/BaskaCiraliyok

Brisbane
Level Contributor
255 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cirali in the news

Yes...will help in any way! H

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cirali in the news

thanks Mae..the more people who support eco-tourism the better..we all want Cirali to stay the way it is and for the next generations to come.

no one wants the big hotels to come in an take over..!! or to become concrete urban jungles...we need to protect the heritage of the area...and not let it get swallowed up by big developers..leave Cirali for the people who enjoy the natural retreat !!

please visit the facebook website ( share with freinds and like the pages or links ) and there are some english and well as german links posted in the BaskaCiraliyok group along with video, photos and information

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cirali in the news

A german forumite posted a link to his blog about this issue on the German forum today. I didn´t realized it before and now I´m worrying very much about the future development.

Here is the thread, for those with some German knowledge

tripadvisor.de/ShowTopic-g311312-i9908-k5401…

Last year there was a rumour about Patara, another hidden gem, not sure how it will be going on.

But you know: money makes the world go round...!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cirali in the news

Thanks VIPFamily for bringing this to our attention. Canmom - I feel so sorry for your poor friends and neighbours in Cirali having their homes and livelihoods destroyed in this terrible way - all those jandarma and the poor kid soldiers in their riot gear - I do hope nobody was hurt. This new 2B law is very worrying - and must have ramifications for many other parts of Turkey where the forests have always been protected. I would have thought the Turkish government would have taken better note of what happened in the past to places in Spain for example and would not be wanting to go down that sort of road.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cirali in the news

I am sure that all of us who have visited this beautifull village are mortified to hear this news. I've looked at the FB page and signed the petition but please keep us updated Carrie.

Sue

Toronto
Level Contributor
365 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cirali in the news

We picked Cirali specifically because it was quaint & unspoiled. It would be a shame if that was to change. I signed as well.

Ian

warwickshire
Level Contributor
961 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cirali in the news

Signed petition today.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cirali in the news

Just thought I'd let you know I received this email today from the petition site

Hi;

As the result of your support I am glad to share this annocument that the decision of tourism company's demand for the rent of Caretta Caretta's nesting beach has been aborted by the Turkish council of state court.

Our fight is not over, we still expect more special treatment for this important beach and the forest.

Thanks for your support...

Love&Peace