We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

I understand that the new highway for bus travelling from Hanoi to Sapa is ready in September.

Does anyone know more details and if this will be an easier way to get to Sapa? I am waiting to see more news and feedbacks from travellers who are going to take this option soon. My trip will be in November, and I am planning for my tour but quite hesitate to book my train tickets now after hearing some of the horrifying experience from travellers regarding rough journey for 10 hours as I may get car sickness easily and I can't sleep well when on the move. So, I really hope to know more about this new option and then decide if I will go for it if that will turn out to be a time saving and safe journey.

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

Thanks you, John, you have given us so much insight.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
71 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

The new Highway is 240 kms. No motors are allowed. Speed Limit 80-120 kms/h I think It's not bad to travel by bus Hanoi - Sapa. It's safe on the high way with no motors in Vietnam

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

You're welcome, stsl.

That's what this forum is all about.

It's the contribution of the regulars here that enticed me to stay.

I've been busy lately, and so I've been missing the community feel here.

There are quite a few good members on this forum, and many more "becoming".

Cheers,

John

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

As far as motion sickness on the train goes, I get car sick if I read or do similar concentration type activities in the car. The first time we went on the train to Sa Pa, I tried writing up my travel diary (you can tell I was writing on the train by the skitteriness of the penmanship at that point) and I got horribly motion sick (not to the actual point of throwing up but I felt awful). On subsequent trips I didn't try that and have been OK.

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

Someone still have prejudice about the roads in Vietnam but trust me, the highway from Hanoi to Lao Cai it's much more worth than the night train. Decision in your mind

Have a good choice!

Cheers

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

The bus Hanoi-Laocai via new highway road. But the best way get from Hanoi to Sapa is by train. You can read review here fromtogo.com/from-hanoi-vietnam_to-sapa-viet…

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

I still prefer train, much safer. Drunk/ sleeping/ reckless - drivers, bus quality etc ...

Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

Does the new bus route from Hanoi to Sapa run during the day? Does anyone have an idea how much it cost?

MickeyAZ

Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

Does anyone know if the new highway go from Hanoi to Sapa to Lo Cao or Sapa?

MickeyAZ

Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bus from Hanoi to Sapa via new highway

What other markets have people enjoyed in the Sapa area? This will be our second visit and in October.

MickeyAZ