We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

Nha Trang, Vietnam
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

Hello everyone! i am looking to go from hanoi to sapa the cheapest way possible and to do some trekking. i have been told about some local women who take you trekking through the jungle for 2 nights 3 days and seeing if anyone knows how much it will be to go from hanoi by bus or train then back and how much the trekking might be? i am on such a budget :/

Sapa, Vietnam
Level Contributor
50 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

The cheapest option would be to take a hard seat in a train (either day or night train.) But think that the night is going to be a very long one. You should go for the next option : soft seat.

From Lao Cai to Sapa take a minibus. The real price is only 50 000 vnd per person.

Then once in Sapa you can book a classic tour from an agency for up to 3 days and maybe 60$ (all include except drinks.) Maximum 9 persons.

If you choose to go with the local ladies it's fine however if you ever get caught while spending the night at their house the price to pay (for you and the lady) is going to be very, very high as the village police can sometimes check (declared homestays are the place you should sleep...)

Caution advised !

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

Hi Cwasik21,

I think you can consider a hard sleep on train LC1 and LC2. Even it's hard sleep but it's still better if you can lie down. :) It's the cheapest option that I suggest!

Cheers,

Halong Bay Legends Travel!

Hanoi, Vietnam
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

There are 2ways to go from Hanoi to Sapa

1) by night train around 38$/person/01 sleeper berth -cabin of 4berths

2) by sleeper buses . Round 20 $/01 seat.

Find a local tour guide and ask her bring you to stay in her house to save your pockets

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
542 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

The cheapest way to go to Sapa is by bus. It costs about 18USD per way. After going there, you will register to get home stay and joint to a cheap operator. Renting a local guide is also good option. However, you need to pay for food, bus, sightseeing fees.... You can save your money if you do long trekking but give more TIP for tour guide.

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
5. Re: Trekking in Sapa from Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 08, 2014