We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapa / highlands with car

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Sapa / highlands with car

I'm thinking about a tour, 5 days up to a week, to the highlands and Sapa, starting from Hanoi.

As I would like to visit places away from the masses of tourists, not mainly Sapa, a private, flexible tour by car w. driver could be an option. Taking the night train and starting / ending the tour in Sapa is also possible, maybe the better way. I would only like some light trekking.

I wonder if anybody has done this? Any recommendations about drivers, agencies and rates?

Thank you for any information.

Peter

Edited: 2:32 am, June 07, 2013
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,699 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapa / highlands with car

Have you thought of going to Ha Giang instead? Breathtaking scenery, numerous ethnic minority settlements and virtually no tourists.

Ethnic Travel do some good tours of the far north, and although the treks on their standard tours are probably more strenuous than you have in mind they would no doubt customise something to meet your requirements.

You could also contact Indochina Voyages and Tonkin Travel, both of which are reputable Hanoi-based travel agents and would be able to tailor-make something for you.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapa / highlands with car

Sounds interesting, thank you for the idea. I'll do some research, as this seems to be more interesting than Sapa and Bac Ha.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapa / highlands with car

I will get back to you (and WF) later.

There are options in the Northwest that may suit you.

4. Re: Sapa / highlands with car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2014