We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

Hi all,

I’m going to Vietnam next month and we are going to SaPa. We are planning to take a “2 days – 3 nights tour” (two nights on the train Hanoi-SaPa, SaPa-Hanoi).

My question is, Would you include the Bac Ha Sunday market in your itinerary? We are going to be there on a weekend, but I've been looking at different tours and not all of them include Bac Ha in the itinerary. Is this something you wouldn’t miss?

BTW, I’m a photographer and I love markets, but we are going to spend 24 days between Thailand and Vietnam and I know we’ll visit plenty of them. Is the Bac Ha Sunday market that especial?

Thanks!

Sapa, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

Bac Ha Market, a Destination worth to visit only on Sunday therefor you should arrange timing. The Market quiet Touristic but very Traditional way of Hill Tribe people there such as Local cuisine sections, animals sections...

Better you get night train from Ha Noi arrival Lao Cai early in the morning then direct to Bac Ha Market, spend your time there till 3 PM and to Sapa, next day you have full day to visit.

Wish you have a good time in Viet Nam.

Cheer!

Edited: 4:01 am, May 26, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
202 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

Bac Ha market was a highlight of my month in Vietnam.. the atmosphere was electric and a photographers haven...thoroughly recommended. We got picked up from the train station (early am) and went on a private day tour which included a boat ride after down a river at a local village then drop off at sapa hotel. This saved backtracking to Sapa town off the train.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

from Lao Cai to Bac ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjf-3OrG0XI

Edited: 3:36 pm, May 31, 2013
Hanoi, Ha Noi...
11 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

My recommendation is Can Cau Market. If you can arrange Hoang Sue Phi now is a new destination for ethnic market in North mountain of Vietnam.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

Daoduc, I thought Hoang Sue Phi was in Ha Giang, not Lao Cai.

Hanoi, Ha Noi...
11 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

From Bac Ha you can reach to Hoang Sue Phi. Amazing there!

Edited: 7:26 pm, June 17, 2013
Sapa, Vietnam
5 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

you are a photographer & you love color so I bet Bac Ha Market on Sunday must-see to you.

Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

May I know when u will be there? I'm planning to go this weekend and I'm a solo traveller and if u don't mind maybe we can meet and go together. My number is 01694850658

19. Re: Bac Ha sunday market... worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2014