We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

I and my 9 years old son planning to go to Sapa on May 4,2013. How about the weather and what should i wearing or bring clothes? Thank You....

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

It is quite hot . Bring light clothes: shorts & tees and good walking shoes. The teenage rice terraces are just beautiful now.

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

We just want to addition more information, if you have warm clothes should bring one along because in the evening in Sapa sometime the weather quite cold.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

A good time to visit Sapa, it's dry enough for good walking or hiking. Rice Terraces are green and fresh in May.

It's quite hot in day time and cool at night. You should bring shorts, cotton-shirts, walking shoes, and... a bottle of water for walking in hot days. But still need to prepare 1 or 2 long sleeve shirts in case temperature's down at night

Cheers!

Thu Huyen

NJ
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

Do I need hiking boots to walk to Cat Cat or Ta Van? Or just sneakers?

Is a sweatshirt warm enough for Sapa at night, or just a long-sleeved cotton shirt?

Do I need a light jacket also?

Is bottled water easily/cheaply available in Sapa, or should I bring it up from Hanoi on the train?

Should I bring granola bars?

What is the normal tip for the Sherpa's who help us?

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

I think you should bring the good hikking shoes and light jacket also. The granola bars, you no need to bring from Hanoi because at Sapa has many store where you can buy them very easy even the water (15.000/ VND/ bottled).

Tip is very sensitive, so it's depend on you how you feel about her :)

Cheers

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

Hi, sorry for delaying reply

The track to Cat Cat and Ta Van is quite easy to hike, just soft trekking. it's ok if you dont have very good hiking boots, normal sport sneakers (adidas, nikes, rebook shoses) are acceptable. However, a pair of hiking boots is excellent in case you would like to trek to more rural areas.

You should prepare both long-sleeved cotton shirts and a light jacket just in case you need

You can buy granola bars and water in Sapa. It's cheap and easy to buy there.

Agree that tip for the Sherpa's is sensitive and various. It's up to your please with their help. Normally, if you are happy with their work, about 50.000 - 100.000 VND is enough for the trek to Cat Cat, Ta Van

Enjoy your trip!

Thu Huyen

7. Re: Travelling in Sapa on 4 May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sapa