We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytime train from Sapa to Hanoi

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
135 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Daytime train from Sapa to Hanoi

Hi. Has anybody used the daytime train from Sapa (Lao Cai) to Hanoi before? I know it's a local train and takes almost 12 hours but since we don't want to take an overnight train again, we would like to travel in daytime. Would like to hear your comment and experience on it. Many thanks. :)

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Daytime train from Sapa to Hanoi

About 10 years ago I took the day train back in the Victoria hotel carriages and have to say I enjoyed the journey. The scenery was interesting and I was with a group of friends and time passed quickly. However, I would not make the journey if it wasnt on the Victoria carriages-- the restaurant car with bar makes a big difference!

12. Re: Daytime train from Sapa to Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2014