We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sapa

Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sapa

we are thinking of taking the night train to SAPA spending the day then returning that night - would we be able to see much in one day ?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sapa

Yes. What happened in our case was that we trekked to a homestay and trekked back the next day. I could have missed the second day, to say it rained is an understatement :-)

Sapa, Vietnam
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sapa

If you do not have enough time so you can take 1 day 1 Sapa for explore. I recommend you take 1 day trek to Y Linh- Lao Chai-Tavan village, this tour start in Sapa at around 9.30 and finish at 3.00p.m.

You will visit three villages of different minorities & Enjoy the spectacular views of the beautiful valley towards Fansipan – highest peak in Viet Nam and Indochina.Trek through the village of Black H’mong ethnic minority to learn the way people weaving and embroidering their clothes, keep going down to enjoy colourful rice paddy fields and reach Ta Van village where the Dzay ethnic people inhabited.

Safe & happy travel.

Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sapa

thanks so much - we are only going to be in Vietnam for 12 full days and we want to see as much as possible from Hanoi to Saigon

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sapa

Why don't you spend 1 more night in Sapa. Not much to see in Sapa. 2 villages is Cat Cat and Y Linh Ho or Cat Cat.

Cat Cat village is my recommendation.

5. Re: sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, September 27, 2011
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,371 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sapa

It's doable but plan a low key day on the day after you visit Sa Pa as you may well be totally exhausted from the night trains. Many are quite bumpy and it's hard to get a really good sleep.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sapa

Sapa is a lovely place. It takes all night by train to get there. You will be a bit tired. I think you should spend at least one night in Sapa. Spending time in Sapa is smart. 2-3 nights in Sapa is good. Don't be so rush!

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
114 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sapa

I agree with the last post. Or at least try and spend one night in Sapa. Don't forget that the drive from Lao Cai train station to Sapa takes at least an hour. The distance is only about 40km, but the road is zigzag and steep. A lot of travellers that don't have to time to get out to Sapa visit Mai Chau instead (haven't been there so can't comment on that).

Hanoi, Vietnam
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sapa

Hi,

You can do so but it is tiring. Arrive Sapa in the early morning, visit Y Ninh Ho, Lao Chai, Tavan villages, Cat Cat village added if you have enough time

Good luck

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
109 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sapa

Hi bellalug0si, 1 night in Sapa is very worth to stay, you should not skip it.