We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

india
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Basically I don't want to do one night only in every place as I'm going with my daughters ( 15 and 20 ) so my questions are

1) If i make Ta Van my base, can i do all the activities in the Sapa Area

2) Is Ta Van more beautiful than Sapa

3) Is there a lot to do locally in Ta Van ? As I know there are local sights in Sapa.

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
6 replies to this topic
Armidale, Australia
Level Contributor
696 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Personally I was disappointed with Ta Van, you can’t compare it to SaPa, it is a very small local village, SaPa a thriving town with a lot of shops restaurants and construction. Research more to work out what you really want. The road to Ta Van is terrible. It was raining a bit when we went a week ago but I was glad I didn’t choose it to stay there. We stayed SaPa Clay House and loved it, about 2km from town, with amazing view. Sometimes in wet season the view is clouded in, this can happen for several days at a time. Amazing place though so enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Ta Van is a small village and many tourists hiking through during the day. If you want to stay here all you can do is hike along the road or up the hills---nothing else to do, i am afraid. Although i was not keen on Sapa during our visit last year as it is unrecognisable from my first visit in'93, there are a few things to do--- hire a boat on the lake, visit the church and museum, hike through Cat Cat tourist village where there is also cultural dancing (free) and spend some time in the cafes/restaurants. The market is not really worth visiting

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
india
Level Contributor
93 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Thank you Palawanis and Rockin -

Level Contributor
851 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Hello

I would miss both and invest 2 more days in Hanoi.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

Only 1 night in every place??

1 night = 2 consecutive travel days. With afternoon check-in and morning check-out at your hotel(s) you're left with very little time for sightseeing and activities.

Sapa or Ta Van? A very personal choice. I felt Sapa was ugly and resembled a building site. Ta Van is small, very quiet, and fine for trekking, if that's what you'd like to do.

I stayed 4 nights and it wasn't to much for me.

Edited: 8:03 am, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
267 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long

A day trip or maximum 1 night is enough. It is a small village with things that you could finish seeing and doing in one day. If you decided to motorbike over, half a day could do everything that Ta Van has to offer (e.g. herbal bath, cave, museum, interacting with locals, visit local houses).

Reply to: Can i stay in Ta Van for 2 Nights or is it too long
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;