We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China-Bejinng to Xian then to Vietnam

Which Chau Doc hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
China-Bejinng to Xian then to Vietnam

Thinking of doing this trip in the fall has anyone done this. I'm in Az and think we should go to Beijing first. How much time do I need the Beijing?

How easy is it to get a train to Xian. I want to see the Terra Cotta Warriors then perhaps by train to Vietnam to Lau Cai and then continue our trip.

Has anyone done this trip?

Regards,

Kyle

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China-Bejinng to Xian then to Vietnam

Mickey-

4-5 days in Beijing is good as there is so much to see. and 1 1/2-2 days in Xi'Ian is enough as other than the Terracotta Warriors there isn't a huge amount to see (good to go to the massively huge dumpling restaurant which has a great acrobatic show at night)

I didn't take a train so cannot answer to that, but the flight was around about one hour from Beijing to Xi'an

I do think you'd be much better off getting up to date information on the Trip Advisor forum for China rather than here.

I didn't take the train into Vietnam so cannot answer for that either, perhaps someone else will help you about that..

Make sure you arrange your Vietnam Visa prior to departure from Arizona if you are entering via Lao Cai

Edited: 8:23 pm, May 14, 2014
Cave Creek,Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China-Bejinng to Xian then to Vietnam

Thanks for your information.

Kyle

3. Re: China-Bejinng to Xian then to Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, April 18, 2016