We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canggu accommodation and transport

Ulverstone...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Canggu accommodation and transport

Hello

We are travelling to Canggu for a wedding in late June. In looking at places to stay we have nearly settled on this one:

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g311298…

One of my only reservations at this stage is how easy it will be to access taxis at this location. I expect that we will be coming and going a bit to catch up with the other people in the wedding party and it would be good to know if we can access taxis easily and at all times during the day and evening.

Hopefully this location also provides relatively easy access to the Canggu Club and other various areas of interest in and around Canggu.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kuta, Indonesia
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

Hi

Please have a look The Bale Tokek villa - Canggu

Located in Canggu, north west Seminyak, 30 minutes driving from International airport at normal traffic. Full of natural light in every room and open to natural tropical breezes.

www.thebaletokek.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

There is a Canggu Taxi Service that you can use, I am sure the villa will have the phone number, we had no isses getting taxi's to and from Canggu - except for drivers wanting a fixed price when coming back late at night, we always insisted on the meter and did not have any problems. I haven't been to the Canggu Club myself although we stayed nearby and drove past it all the time, however I am not sure from looking at the map that the villa you are looking at is that close. There are many villas in Canggu that are closer to the beach if that is what you are after - we enjoy walking along the beach to Seminyak and Legian, which is a 45 minute walk from Brawa Beach where we stay. Where is the wedding that you are going to?

Ulverstone...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

Thanks for the response and heads up on the taxis. The wedding is at the Canggu Club so I was thinking that the closer we stayed to this the better.

It would be nice to be near the beach but if the taxi service is ok then this may not be a deal breaker.

If you have any suggestions on villas then feel free to let me know.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

Unfortunately I cannot suggest any villas as we stayed in one that belongs to a family member (lucky us) but there are heaps of villas near the Canggu Club, maybe check those out so you are closer to the beach and there is also a good choice of restautants/warungs and a supermarket close by. Batu Belig is also quite close as another area that has lots of villas. Enjoy your holiday and the wedding, we loved Canggu and can't wait to go back.

Ulverstone...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

No worries. Thanks heaps for the information. I'm sure we will find somewhere suitable.

Perth
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

There are a few villa's that we have stayed at near and walking distance from Echo Beach and in the package you have a driver for 8 hours, we have reviewed them on TA and we were very pleased with the experience, and are looking forward to our next stay with them. The staff are good and the owner is very knowledgeable when it comes to the area. She is an Aussie too :) They range from 2-4 bedroom villas. The drivers are great and they all go past the Canggu Club on the way to Seminyak. Most of them live in the area so they know the best ways to get around in Bali. Good Luck

7. Re: Canggu accommodation and transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2014