We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa infinity canggu bali

las vegas
1 post
Save Topic
villa infinity canggu bali

do not be sucked in by the gorgeous photos. yes it photographs extremely well... but the only good thing about the place is the way that it looks! we had a family vacation (about 7 of us) and were in bali for a total of 10 days... 7 of which we stayed at the villa... we arrived and were greeted and shown around.. told to pick the rooms that we would like to use as some of them were not yet made up for our arrival. the rooms we requested to made up were not made up for several days later and we had to carry our own bags to our rooms. the water pressure for all the outdoor bath tubs was no existant so you had to plan on waiting a few hours for your bath to even get half full... plus none of them had a hot and cold tap working consistently... the shower on the rivers drain was also blocked and water overflower onto the entire bathroom floor! some parts of the floor in other bathrooms were rotten through due from being wood and had been wet. you could see marks on the walls from water damage and the villa did not have alot of the amentities it claimed to have.... NO PHONES, no laundry on premises, no spa or hot tub or sauna, no media room, no BBQ, no bikes, no balconies, no computer, no tennis courts, no satellite tv. (just going through THEIR list)

the staff was quiet friendly but did not speak english very well and on our second last day we realised that some money had 'gone missing' the only good thing i have to say about this place is that the in house chef was fabulous but not worth going through the rest of the hassel!!!

do yourself a favour and book somewhere else!

sukhavarti villa was the other place we stayed at... its not far and is A MILLION TIMES BETTER... thanks sukhavarti!

1. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:46 pm, June 07, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

I am the mother of the person who had the accident whilst at your villa. The bike was hired THROUGH your villa. The bike was faulty having the throttle stuck on full which plowed my daughter into a brick wall causing much injury. We never so much as heard a word from you in regard to this and our fear after being threatened by the bike owners. You never once asked how my daughter was doing after having to fly home for operations due to the accident.

As for your villa...there was NO media room, the tv had been removed because of vandalism as we were told by you..there was no sound system in the 'media room' games or anything you mentioned.. The term 'media room' when we were there is laughable, and was a room with a pool table in it .

The villas were not clean and needed a good scrubbing. There WAS rotten wood in the bathroom and disgusting water that supposedly 'ran' through all the bathrooms...it was a disgusting stagnant mosquito infected water.

My son in law had money missing from his room, which we did mention to staff and found utterly disgraceful.

At the time I stayed in the Master bedroom, the tv did not work and there was no key to lock the door, despite requesting one several times.

After being threatened as we were by the bike staff I did not feel safe staying in that room and had to move to a room that actually locked.

There was no phone offered us when my daughter had her accident or at any other time. In fact we were charged for driving my daughter to the hospital at the time of the accident.

Your site does mention a 'spa/jacuzzi' on one listing and that is non existent.

The kitchen and guest bathroom near the dining room is just appalling and dirty.

We had serviettes/napkins one evening and had to send two back as they were filthy..that was the only time we had them..we were given a box of tissues for the rest of the stay.

The water did not work on many occassions and it IMPOSSIBLE to fill a bath.

I could go on and on but it would be pointless and endless.

If you would like to argue any of the points or say I, or any of my family are lying....perhaps you would prefer to converse with my solicitor.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Edited: 11:24 pm, January 05, 2010
3. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:47 pm, June 07, 2010
4. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:56 am, December 26, 2013
down under
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

We recently stayed at Villa Infiinty and I will make a few comments

- let me first say that we have lived in Asia and understand that things operate in an 'asian' manner sometimes and thats life, but when you go to stay at an what is classed as an exlcusive villa you expect better but you know it's just not going to work

- First the good news the chefs are great and the food is superb

- the views are amazing and the location is perfect

- the operational staff are very friendly and co-operative but they cannot do anything without the management approval which brings me to the bad news : the management is hopeless

- yes they have recruited a new operations manager but she is never there and as I stated to Frank I would never give her a job anywhere in my organisation

- while they say you have a car available and you pay for it Annie, the new manager, on 3 days out of 6 had gone off in the car. the only day she was there was at the end when she was chasing the bill to ensure she got paid for all the things that didn't work

- the water pressure may be fixed but there is no hot water in 3 of the rooms despite it being requested to be fixed 4 times so to say that all hot water works to 100% consistent is just no true s

- you not the only one to carry your own luggage

- if the villa was totally renovated between February and June then why did they tell us they are shutting down after we left to 'totally' renovate again. probably because the baths dont work, there is no hot water, the gym is in bits stuck in an office, the fridges in the kitchen can't keep things cold, you have to bring your own shampoo/soap

- on 3 occasions the power went out for upto 3 hours at dusk due to black-outs, now while this is outside the villa's control it was interesting that 2 other villas had generators on standby just in case this happened which is a frequent occurence, think ahead villa infinity like your competition

They say they are fully booked for the year from February, well potential guests you will have a great location for your holiday but dont let Frank use his salesmanship keep the pressure on them and they will help and get things organised but you have to keep pushing them to get things right,

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
PERTH
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

i just recently stayed at villa infinity and to be honest i was a bit worried about booking with all that i have read on this site,this was a special event which was for all my family so i did not want a bad experience. i spoke to the managing director regarding these problems i had heard and he assured me that these problems had been solved...they must have done a lot of work on improving there service because for my family and myself we had an awesome experience and would not hesitate in recommending it to anybody. This villa is truly unbelievable from the first steps walking in i was in awe (and no i was not carrying my own luggage) i dont think the photos could do it enough justice !!!! thank you again villa infinity and staff for making my holiday the experience it was

Albany
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

Re- Villa Infinity Canggu

4 March 2010

Having just returned from Bali and reading these reports, I am sorry but I don't agree with some of them.

My daughter got married at the Villa Infinity in February, and we could not have been happier with the villa and location that we had chosen.

In November 2009 we travelled to Bali to check out everything was going to plan and that the Villa was indeed as good as it portrayed to be on the website.

We met Frank, and he showed us around and there were a few things that I was concerned about that he said he would change or fix before we arrived.

I think the location and the grounds itself is definitely 5 star, although I would agree that some of the amenities in the rooms could have been improved.

Frank said that they are working on improving the villa rooms, which is really good to hear.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The new Manager 'Putu' was on the ball and very approachable. If there were any problems they were sorted promptly.

We loved the contemporary colonial construction of the buildings, the outdoor garden baths behind each room, the open air dining and lounge pavilions all connected by bridges made it all feel very opulent and spacious.

The food which was prepared for us each day, was fantastic. The fridges were super cold for the beer and soft drinks, and the kitchen was very clean.

We, also, did not carry our own luggage.

Sure, we did have a few problems communicating with the staff on some occassions but eventually the problem was rectified without too much stress.

.After all we were staying in Bali, and in all honesty I believe that the Balinese would bend over backwards to make you happy if they can.

We have been to Bali many times and stayed at approximately 20 different places, and all have their faults. Even Australia has its faults, believe me, and you can wait a lot longer to get things fixed in Australia.

In fact after we left the Villa Infinity, we stayed at the Patra in Bali, and there were quite a few things there, that we could easily whinge about, and really wished we were back at the Infinity!

Villa Infinity is not perfect, but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I'm more than happy to discuss our experience if you have any doubts about booking this villa.

To sum it up! We all had a fantastic time, and the wedding was absolutely perfect in every way. The Villa exceeded our expectations. Thank you Frank and your fabulous staff.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,244 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

Really pleased all went well for you and congratulations...

Phoenix, AZ
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

I stayed at Villa Infinity in March 2010 and had a very positive experience. I felt comfortable and safe. It is a beautiful villa and very clean. The pool is great and also very clean. I stayed in the master suite which is amazing. I did not use the outside tub but the inside shower was clean with strong water pressure and heat. I brought my laptop and used their secure wireless internet. The media room has couches, a large tv and a pool table. Although I spent most of my time outside and sightseeing, I thought it was fun, especially to watch the terrible American movies and shows they play there!

The manager, Putu, is very nice and accommodating. While there was a bit of a language barrier with some of the other staff, they were really nice and always made sure they understood what was needed/requested and did everything they could to meet our needs. Massages were conveniently scheduled on-site at the last minute. When we (about 7 or 8 people) decided we were hungry at 9 PM and the chef was off for the night, the girls on staff walked to the nearest restaurant to pick up a menu and then had everything delivered to us.

At times we were a huge group of about 15-20 people and they always got us transported to where we needed to be in a timely manner. If they didn't have enough cars there, they would call and get one there. When we wanted to be dropped off and then picked up at a restaurant at a certain time, the driver was right there waiting.

It is very much a Balinese resort so if you are expecting an experience that you might get at home, you could very well be disappointed. But really, if you want everything as it is at home, why are you traveling to Bali?

I would highly recommend Villa Infinity.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
California
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa infinity canggu bali

I traveled to Bali for a wedding in March 2010 and had the pleasure of staying at villa infinity for 4 nights. From the second we arrived, my husband and i were blown away by how beautiful it was. Putu, the villa manager was there, along with other staff members to greet us and welcome us to the villa. Someone promptly took care of our bags and delivered them to our room. Our room was still being cleaned at that time, so they showed us another room where we could stay cool.

Once we got to our room, everything looked great. Clean, air conditioned and very nicely decorated. Our water pressure was fine while we were there. The infinity pool was so beautiful and it was so nice to just relax and hang out by it. The media room was great, too. A nice big tv, with satellite cable and a pool table.

The staff was just awesome! Everyone was super nice and very helpful. The last night we were there, we were a pretty large group (20 ppl) and we decided to order dinner in. They took our order and once the food was delivered, they took the time to put all of the meals on real plates.

I would definitely recommend villa infinity, as it seems the prior complaints seem to have been rectified. I had a wonderful time during my stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if i'm ever lucky enough to visit bali again.

By the way, there's a wonderful little cafe on canggu beach ( a little mom-n-pop deal) that serves delicious banana pancakes. yum! Worth the 10 min. walk!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia