We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leela palace kovalam

hove englland
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Topic
leela palace kovalam

we are going mid January.

Has anyone any info on the mosquito situatuon?

Wolverhampton soon...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: leela palace kovalam

I dont think the Leela is exempt from mozzie's, havent heard that they are operating a no fly zone?. The rest of Kovalam? yes the mozzie's are still in business.

South Wales
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leela palace kovalam

Hi

we are also going to the leela in mid january for 2 weeks, as far as mosquitos are concerned I think that the worst times for them are from dusk till dawn, the only advice that I offer is to use a repellent that contains deet (boots own brand is a bit greasy I use the jungle tropical formula) or to buy something out there called osimos (not sure of the spelling), also try and wear light coloured clothing. I did read somewhere that the leela provided anti mosquito machines in the rooms but I do not have a guarantee on that. We have also been told different things about the need for anti malaria tablets please let us know what you have been told about the need for these.

Take care

rebecca

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: leela palace kovalam

Rebecca

I think you mean odomos. Quite effective as far as I know.

Hagley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leela palace kovalam

Hi All, I am currently at the Leela Palace hotel in Kovalam and can confirm that there are mosquito repellents in the rooms. However, on advise from GPs in the UK we are also on anti-malarial tablets. I have been bitten despite precautions and so don't want to take the risk. The anti-malarial tablets recommended for this area (just go to Boots or ask your GP) are not too bad, we have had no side affects but you do have to take them daily for 1 week before, during and 4 weeks after. By the way, the place is gorgeous and it is boiling hot!!!! Top tip, definitely check out the local restaurants in Kovalam (Lighthouse Beach) as they are great and very very cheap.

5. Re: leela palace kovalam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 20, 2009