We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uday samudra

england
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
uday samudra

any info on this hotel, is there any building work going on, are the swimming pools both open, whats the food like, any info would be great, going on the 10th of nov.

many thanks, jeff.

kovalam
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: uday samudra

We loved this hotel when we stayed in April. The buffet brekfast is great, the rest of the food is good and so are the cafes out side on the beach, but they are near double the prices of Lighthouse beach which is a good walk. As of last week the older pool is being retiled but nobody seemed to use this anyway as it is more closed in.

south east england
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: uday samudra

We are staying at Uday samudra next week, arriving 9th Nov.

Ive just been informed by our tour operator that there is building work at the moment, sounds like there is a new swimming pool being built, but the old one is still usable. Does anyone know further details.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uday samudra

Hi, we stayed there in April at the same time as scousetart and we loved the food.

England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: uday samudra

Our travel operator called us today with the same news - we're also due to arrive on the 10th Nov. They were able to tell us the building work was for a new lobby area - difficult to determine whether it was new restaurant and pool also or whether it was just affecting the existing ones. They are currently completing the exterior brickwork, the main structure is built. The area has been screened off but "noise and disturbance can be expected". I've asked for further clarification as to the extent of this " noise and disturbance". How noisy can laying bricks get ?? Having said that would we be getting told and offered refunds if it wasn't significant?! I'm supposed to get a call back tomorrow with further details so I'll let you know.

My main concern is now stemming from the two recent tripadvisor reviews which are, quite frankly, appalling !! Poor standards of cleanliness etc - I'd be interested in hearing whether this might have been because it was the start of the new season (rooms shut up during monsoon etc) and they just hadn't got into gear yet. Either way it sounds like a complete departure from all the reviews of April and earlier which were excellent. Anyone been more recently than September?

5. Re: uday samudra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 23, 2009