We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Hi,

I am visiting Kovalam for 4 days in December first week and have already booked Niraamaya Retreat for our stay.

I would like to visit KanyaKumari on one of the four days. How much would a cab/taxi cost for the trip along with the sight seeing? Any suggestions here - drivers, agencies etc? Any place not to miss.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Hi Coolwave,

I have been quoted 3,500Rs for this trip in Febraury for car & driver for the day.

Would be interested if any one thinks this is good or not.

Phil.

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Hi Coolwave and Phil

Firstly Niraamaya Retreat is about 10 KM south of Kovalam itself nearer to Somatheeram beach.

I have just checked prices for an 8 hour trip on the Kovalam taxi driver association board which is 2800 INR.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Thanks Ian looks like the hotel who gave me the quote are on 25% commission! Will wait till we arrive and find a driver then.

Phil.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Thanks Ian and Phil.

I agree that usually the hotel rates for cabs are higher than local rates.

Ian - Could you please let me know the contact details for taxi driver association.

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

Hello Coolwave

There are no contacts as such, the price boards are placed at taxi and rickshaw stands and each taxi should carry a tariff sheet.

regards

Ian

6. Re: Kovalam to KanyaKumari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 16, 2013