We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Prroblems

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Prroblems

Hi

It would appear that some are facing difficulties with Visa applications in UK, if you have experienced problems please share the information to assist other members.

Regards

Ian

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Prroblems

Excellent guide posted by Meerkat in the Goa forum-

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k5879…

england
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Prroblems

Hi Ian,

Worse than a visa problem is the lack of beer at the leela at the moment :(

Just for your info. our visa application went like a dream, very quick .

See ya Friday :0)

London, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Prroblems

Hey Ian,

I'm going to do my visa in the next couple of days. I hope it all goes ok !

Lack of beer at the Leela??....Seriously??

JoJo

Caernarfon
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Prroblems

When filling out the on line application please check ALL the details very carefully amd make sure all the details are correct before you Register the Application on line. Once you have registered the application then you cannot amend it and you will have to start the process from the begining and re register the application. This is very important if making a postal application,

If making a postal application please make sure you include all the different forms that are required and ensure that all are signed correctly including the declaration form. Please dont forget to include the online receipt that will be generated after each on line single payment.

Additionally please ensure that the office you are going to be dealing with has the jurisdication to deal with your application, you can find this out by clicking the jurisdiction link on the home page, there is selection of counties and other options to choose, once you do this you will find the Visa Centre that can deal with your application. We live in North Wales, we could travel to Cardiff or London to submit our applications personally or by postal application.

england
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Prroblems

November 18

Only 78 bottles remaining :(

According to trip reports

yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Prroblems

No problems with our visa applications which were recently sent off and returned without any problems within 10 days!

essex
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Prroblems

No prob with visa but we checked and checked and double checked ....you have to !!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Prroblems

Similar to KizzieEssex, checked & checked.Turn around was just over a week. But why do you now have to send individual SDE for the return of passports when you can send 2 in 1 SDE going?

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Prroblems

Hi

I can assure everybody that there is no lack of beer in Kovalam.

There is a beer shop near to the police station at cost price.and local restaurants have.

If the Leela has no beer then it is down to them not purchasing, they certainly charge enough.

Regards

Ian

London
Level Contributor
8,189 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Prroblems

Did you have a port of entry stamped on your visa Ian. Obtained my visa last month and for first time it has port of entry Trivandrum stamped on the visa. Seen threads on Goa forum of other people having port of entry stamped on visa.

I e-mailed VFS and asked would there be a problem if entering by another airport. They replied and said ignore port of entry and does not matter which airport or seaport you enter.

There is now a disturbing thread on general Indian forum of someone being denied boarding at airport because they were flying to different airport than stamped on visa.

It will not effect me this season but last year had two visits - one entry via Trivandrum and one via Kochi. This latest development could have implications for many people.