We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reliable taxi drivers

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
reliable taxi drivers

Anyone know of a reliable guide/taxi driver for trips. We are staying at the Uday Sumadra in January.

Thanks

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reliable taxi drivers

HI,

it would better to take cab from Trivandarm if your only traveling in and around Trivandarm if towards Cochin the rte is pretty different in Cochin

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Kerala, India
Romford Essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reliable taxi drivers

Hi

I certainly do! His name is V.Radhakrishnan, Arki for short, and we've known him and used his expert services for 16 years. His mobile number is 9995971686 and Taxi number is KL01-3888. You'll normally find him parked outside the Hotel Samudra (the government hotel opposite the Uday) up the slope outside the main doors.

He's a lovely man, very kind and gentle and you can certainly trust him

Just say Lynn and Jon sent you!

Regards

Lynn

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: reliable taxi drivers

thank you for that Lynn, any places you recommend to visit and approximate prices?

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reliable taxi drivers

Hi

I would take a trip to Kanyakumari, the tip of India, formerly known as Cape Comorin. You can visit ancient palaces and temples on the way and it takes up to 3 hours to get there. Kanyakumari is the only place in India where you can view sunset and moon rise simultaneously if it falls on full moon day and you have a clear sky.

I also like to spend a day in Varkala, which is about 1.5 hours from Kovalam. It's another tourist resort but cheaper. You can also swim in the sea there with no problems. I wouldn't advise this though if you've mobility problems as the access to the beach is via steep cliff side steps.

Neyyar Dam is another suggestion. We haven't been there for a good few years but it was lovely. Apart from the crocodile farm, which I sincerely hope they've improved.

A day trip into Trivandrum is great for shopping and seeing the sights, the temple etc.. Again, unless they've improved the zoo tremendously, I wouldn't visit it if you are concerned for animal welfare.

As our last visit to Kovalam was March 2011 and the price of diesel has escalated I wouldn't know how much they are charging nowadays. We go again in a couple of weeks so when we return just before Christmas I can let you know more then

Regards

Lynn

Mentioned in this post
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari District, India
Varkala
Varkala
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Neyyar Dam
Neyyar Dam
178 Reviews
Kovalam, India
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Thiruvananthapuram...
Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: reliable taxi drivers

thank you for all that info.

Please keep in touch on your return

Barbara

Riga
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reliable taxi drivers

Hi, from my previous travels I can recommend you driver Amit Gupta. He is very kind, calm and polite, with buddist-like attitude. He is always smiling, which is very infectious speaks english very well. We arranged him trough hotel Annex in McLeodganj (Dharamsala).

Here is his nr 9418044745

Nice trip!

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: reliable taxi drivers

Hi Lynn,

Hope you had a good holiday.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a peacefull new year.

Barbara

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reliable taxi drivers

Hi Barbara

and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours

I've private messaged you

Lynn

9. Re: reliable taxi drivers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 27, 2013