We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local trips, things to see nearby??

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
local trips, things to see nearby??

Hi!

Myself and my husband are returning to Kovalam for our 2nd visit (the first was 2009) over Christmas - staying at the Uday Samudra as we did before.

Last time I was there - I fell ill for the most part of the 2nd week, so although I enjoyed the holiday immensley, we didn't get to see very much.

We have worked very hard all year, so the most important thing is for us to relax and be lazy for a few weeks!! Therefore, we don't want to go too far.

Can anyone suggest any day trips out to me please? Of course I'd love to see some wildlife, maybe backwaters, etc - but as mentioned, we wouldn't want to travel more than an hour or 2 to get there. Is there anywhere nearby for us to visit?

Thanks for your feedback!

Gemma

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local trips, things to see nearby??

Hello Gemma

Best to ask the local taxi drivers, the Zoo in Trivandrum is worth a visit but backwater trips are some distance there is the hill station at Ponmudi and also Neyarr dam which is a crocodile sanctuary with a small wildlife park.

Regards

Ian

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local trips, things to see nearby??

Brilliant - thanks for that Ian. Will bear that in mind and ask the drivers.

Thanks,

Gemma

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local trips, things to see nearby??

hi Gemma2 _2000,

Trivandrum sightseeing – 17 km

Sri Padmanabha swami Temple, Zoo, Museum, Art gallery

Ponmudi hills – 60km 2 hrs

Neyar dam – 33km

Poovar – 18 km boating by narrow sea canals (worth)

Veli lagoon 12 km

for more kindly revert

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

4. Re: local trips, things to see nearby??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kovalam