We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel discounts in April

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel discounts in April

Hi

Can anyone recommend a hotel with pool in Kovalam which does good discounts in April?

I'm a budget traveller and spend up to 1000 rupees usually, and that has been enough to get a reasonable room with bathroom.

I'd like to see if there are any better quality hotels offering good discounts so I can treat myself for the last couple of weeks before I go home.

I'm willing to stretch the budget as long as its worth it, but max would be 2000 rupees.

Thanks

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel discounts in April

From 1st of April to 30th September you will get fabulous discounts in Kovalam hotels.

Check with budget hotels with swimming pool, like Travancore Palace Beach Resort,

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel discounts in April

Try Golden Sands Hotel, I'm sat on the balcony now, overlooking the pool & using free Wifi, for just over 1200NIR at the moment!

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel discounts in April

PS: That includes an extra bed (3 of us), so actually normally less for 2 people

4. Re: Hotel discounts in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, March 20, 2012
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel discounts in April

Thanks for the info

I've been in contact with Golden Sands and got a reasonable rate from them, but I'll see if that improves when I turn up as I found discounts face to face are better.

Travancore are a shambles! Some days they can't even answer the phone and they have promised to email me their rates for the last 4 days. For some reason they won't give a room rate on the phone - how crazy is that?

Can anyone confirm exactly where the Travancore is? on google maps it appears quite a way North and inland of Lighthouse Beach - is that right?

Cochin
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel discounts in April

Swagath Holiday Resort, Kovalam

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel discounts in April

We're staying at the KTDC Samudra resort in April... Prices and reviews aren't too bad. Out of central Kovalam but near enough to walk. Pool looks nice and right on the beach.

Edited: 6:35 am, March 16, 2012
Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel discounts in April

Hi all

Please take a look at the hotel reviews for up to date information from TA members on hotels:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g311295-Kovalam_Ker…

Regards

Ian

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel discounts in April

I arrived yesterday and we did a walk around to see what deals there were.

I have to say that we were dismayed by the choices on offer for the price. i will say again that I'm a budget traveller, so my expectations are not set unrealistically high - I don't expect 4* for a 1* price.

However, in comparison to the other places we have been in Kerala, (Kochi, backwaters, varkala) the standard was poor. Rooms were very jaded and the 'touts' were very annoying. Perhaps tis is why the rooms are expensive as these guys must be getting paid? We avoid them but these ones had to be told to go forth and multiply several times!!

We gave up on the Goldensands - tired rooms and in the middle of a lot of narrow alleys. We looked at several near the beach but eventually settled on Coco Land. This is a new place with excellent rooms with TV and huge balcony ovelooking palm trees for 700rps per night. Not what I really wanted but it will do.

Spent our first evening getting a bit of a shock over the prices charged by the restaurants - Varkala restaurants are a bargain in comparison!

Hoping the next few days will improve our bad first impressions.

Thanks anyway for all the help given.

10. Re: Hotel discounts in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 pm, June 18, 2013