We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Kerala

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Kerala

Hi

Will be staying at Vivanta by Taj. What beaches would you recommend within a tuktuk ride away? We are aware of Lighthouse beach.

Many thanks

PP

yorkshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beaches in Kerala

Interesting to see on our recent holiday to Kovalam that the Taj no longer has a private beach.......it disappeared into the sea a couple of months ago and has not yet reappeared...... Apparently the Taj have been telling guests this when they make bookings!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
145 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beaches in Kerala

We were thinking of staying at the Taj, but definitely want to have a beach with sunbeds nearby. Are you saying that the Taj no longer has a beach?

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
169 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beaches in Kerala

I have made a booking with the Taj Kovalam in the past few weeks and was certainly not notified about a lack of beach. The booking was made directly with the hotel so if they were doing this I would have expected to be informed..

I have just looked at the hotel website again and there is no mention of any beach facilities. Past reviews do speak of it being some distance from the beach.

Luckily, it makes no difference to us - we are visiting in July so had anticipated the sea being far too rough for enjoyable beach time. We will be taking any sunny hours by the pool!

14. Re: Beaches in Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 17, 2014