We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State Fair question

Which Palmer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick , New York
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
State Fair question

Hi! We arrive just after midnight 8/28 at Great Alaskan Holidays to pick up our RV for the next day.

(staying in RV rest of night). After orientation the

next day we were going to make a quick stop at Sam's

Club and then head to the Heritage Centger for 2-3 hours before heading to Palmer for the State Fair.

It will be a Friday. Should we skip the heritage center and catch it on the way back? I'm concerned

about traffic on a Friday afternoon to the Fair. We were planning to spend the night at the fairgrounds

and catch dinner there before heading out next day.

I guess my question is what time does rush hour begin

on Fridays in Anchorage and how is the road to Palmer. Thanks, Bev

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: State Fair question

The road from Anchorage to Palmer is a divided highway in good condition. Traffic will begin to build in Anchorage around 3:30 pm. The road to Palmer will be busier the later it gets and if there is a special event at the fair or even just good weather it can get very congested. I would say that if you could be out of the Heritage center and on the road by 3 you should be ok, but I promise you nothing with only one road and construction you just never know.

2. Re: State Fair question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, December 30, 2009