We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ketchikan george inlet crab feast

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ketchikan george inlet crab feast

We are going on Alaska cruise in May 2014. Is the george inlet crab feast still on? Do you have to join a tour to go? How much is it ? Is it still all you can eat??Thanks!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

Here is their website.... info@catchcrabs.com

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

Thank you! Do you recommend it?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

oops I called it their website.....it is, of course, their email.....

No I have never done the tour, but yes I have enjoyed many all you can eat crab feasts here in Haines, as hubby is quite proficient at bringing home dungeness......you're in for a treat !.......

Anyway contact them with any questions you may have......some tours are only available through a cruise ship and depending on the contract that any particular tour has, they might be bound to only make their tours available to the cruise ship passengers.........Price also may vary, depending on which ship you are on.....

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

I am not aware of tickets being available for the crab feed for independent travelers. It is a complex tour involving a lengthy drive and boat ride followed by food and a return trip to town. It is timed and sold with cruise passengers in mind. There are other places to simply eat crab in town. I have heard it is an excellent tour an that the food is very good.

Dorset
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

Could you possibly recommend any establishments for eating crab.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

I would head to Crab Cracker at Salmon Landing Mall, a large two story development directly in front of Berth One and adjacent to The Lumberjack Show building. Smoked salmon chowder is more of a Ketchikan dish and The Fish House in the same area makes a great one.

7. Re: ketchikan george inlet crab feast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2015