We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loggerville Floating Town

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Idaho Falls
Level Contributor
587 posts
268 reviews
Save Topic
Loggerville Floating Town

Saw some pictures of this little spot, and didn't know if it's still there. We're taking the bus to Totem Bight, and thought to see this if we could get off close by and walk to it. Is this possible, if so, do we get off the bus at Ward Lake Rd.? And is there much else to see or walking options near the Ward Cove area?

Thank you!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loggerville Floating Town

I believe loggerville has been disbanded and sold when Spokleys bought Ward Cove. I'll try to confirm that. Regardless, not in the cove. I've a good friend tell me there is a hiking trail behind Ward Cove Market....not a Forest Service or Park Service official trail, however.....and the walk to Ward Lake and its trail system is a bit long from the road...about two miles as the pavement drives, though the old dirt road next to Ward Cove Industrial cuts that in half.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Idaho Falls
Level Contributor
587 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loggerville Floating Town

Thanks, just thought the pictures looked kind of "postcard" Alaska and figured if our bus was driving right by it, we'd stop to walk around!

3. Re: Loggerville Floating Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 15, 2014