We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Topic
Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

Any interest or only a waste of time and money ? thank you

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

Do you have a link ?.......We need to know where they go, how long the tour is and what the cost is........

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

My answer really depends on who is offering the tour. The cruise ship? What is the description? There is an independent company in Ketchikan that will tailor a tour just for you called Alaska Hummer Adventures:

http://www.akhummer.com/

They mostly drive around town and in the woods on old logging roads, making stops at places of interests such as totem parks, beaches, waterfalls, and scenic view points. There is also a wilderness lake you can drive to. No, it is not a wild animal safari, if that is what you are thinking. Most of our animals would stay far, far away from a noisy Hummer. They are not stupid.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

thank you Rainbird, that's what i thought.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
70 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

It was the best tour my husband and I went on from the NCL cruise. We only had a total of 5 hours in port, and our knowledgeable guide took us to several cultural sites, scenic sites, and we had ample time for wildlife viewing. It made us want to spend more time in Ketchikan and resent the few hours we had at each port. We are not cruise people. You spend more time stuck on the ship then at a port. This was an excellent excursion, because of our guide and because we chose the places to go. We also did not have a bus load of people running over us. This matters alot to two handicapped individuals!

5. Re: Alaska Hummer Adventure, Ketchikan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 14, 2014