We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quilt Shop

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Quilt Shop

Is there a bus that runs to or near the Silver Thimble...a quilt shop at 5 Salmon Lane? And are there any other shops that sell fabric in Ketchikan?

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quilt Shop

The Silver Thimble is actually in a building across the parking lot from Berth One....Salmon Landing Marketplace. It's a mall type structure on the water with shops and restaurants. The fabric store is enormous and is upstairs in the building. If you land at Berth Three or Four, take the free downtown shuttle to the Discovery Center, walk around back of the building and you will see the Lumberjack Show on your left and the Salmon Landing Market on your right. There is another great fabric shop in our local Plaza Mall about a mile north of the docks called Rainforest Crafts. I would say they have the more "modern" quilt fabrics and Silver Thimble has the more traditional fabrics and Alaskana fabrics. I like them both and we have so many quilters here who shop local that we shut down the Wal-Mart fabric department.. Corporate turned that area into a larger toy display.

Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quilt Shop

Thanks so much! I'm excited to hopefully see them both. I'll be sure to save room for purchases. Sounds like a great place to get some souvenir fabric for my sewing group members!

Grand Junction...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quilt Shop

Last July when we were there, Silver Thimble had some gorgeous quilts displayed around the outside area of their store.

4. Re: Quilt Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:46 pm, July 09, 2013