We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which crab tour

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
which crab tour

Which crab excursion is more fun for a family of 4--my kids are 22 and 19--the bering sea crab fisherman's tour or the tour that ends up taking you to George Inlet lodge?

We will be in Ketchikan the second week in August 2011. Are there many different groups that run similar excursions? If so which guides/outfitters do you prefer? Are these tours likely to be booked up already?

I know this may be subjective, but your comments and insight will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

Corona, California
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which crab tour

We did the tour that goes to the George Inlet Lodge several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It includes a crab leg lunch that is great. (there's a contest to see who can stack the crab leg shells the highest on each table) They bring up several crab pots in a bay so that you can see them up close. There were only about 20 people on our boat. The boat ride to the observation area was beautiful and lots of eagles...even some bear cubs.

We are going in June and are taking the Bering Sea Fisherman's tour as it sounds amazing, as well. I think your kids would enjoy either one.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which crab tour

On the George Inlet excursion web site there are no prices and no time schedule listed. Would you mind telling me about how much it costs per person, and how much time I should allow?

Thanks!

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which crab tour

There might be price differences for different ships, or not, for Princess the price is $149, and it is four hours, including the bus rides there and back.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
494 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which crab tour

Thanks for the information!

MD
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which crab tour

We did the Bering Sea Fisherman's Tour, and we loved it! Fun for the whole family, entertaining and educational. At the end of the tour, they allowed everybody to take pictures with them. This tour was the highlight of our Ketchikan experience.

6. Re: which crab tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 29, 2012