We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misty Fjords Boat Tour or Duck Tour

Elizabeth, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Misty Fjords Boat Tour or Duck Tour

Which is better? Boat toru for 4 hours or Duck tour for 1.5 hours?

Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
Ketchikan Outdoors
Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Alaska Travel Adventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,643 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misty Fjords Boat Tour or Duck Tour

Welcome to the forum.

"Better"? Neither. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Personally if you are paying full price for Misty Fjords, I would not book it until I arrived and knew the weather. Last year I took the Misty Fjords flight (my second time) and it was VERY misty and rainy. But since it was my friend's first time in Ketchikan and since we had a 2-for-1 coupon, I didn't mind. I just wouldn't book in advance if I were paying full price.

I haven't taken the Duck tour but I have heard good things about it.

John

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Misty Fjords Boat Tour or Duck Tour

John is right. The answer totally depends upon your interests and who you are traveling with. The Duck tour is good silly fun primarily for families traveling with kids and anyone who wants a short tour of town and harbor life. It is not the most informative of our tours, but it is the most entertaining. The tours to Misty are fantastic if you really want detailed information about our natural habitat with a chance to see ocean life, birds and mammals with naturalists. They are longish and somewhat dull for kids. I like the Allen Marine tours by far the best because they provide craft boxes for the kids, have a great ship library, good snacks, local crews, and Alaskan built boats.

3. Re: Misty Fjords Boat Tour or Duck Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 04, 2011