We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip line tour, Strenuous?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zip line tour, Strenuous?

I want to do a zip line tour when we are in Ketchikan but my dad has lower back problems and is concerned he will not enjoy it. from those who did this with Beer creek or Alaska canopy was is strenuous on your back? I really would like his to try it, after all I'm going fishing with him so I want him to go zipp'en through the trees with me:)

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip line tour, Strenuous?

Probably he'd be okay, but I strongly suggest you contact the outfitter, explain in detail what your dad's problem is, and then let them advise you.

In the meantime, you might want to read these threads from our "sister" site about ziplines in general (not Ketchikan specifically):

…cruisecritic.com/archive/…t-291252.html

…cruisecritic.com/archive/…t-1128177.html

…cruisecritic.com/archive/…t-1119094.html

2. Re: Zip line tour, Strenuous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:01 am, January 16, 2011