We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear View on 31 May

usa
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bear View on 31 May

Would like to take a bear view tour, but not sure of the chance of spotting bears during this season. Are those offered by the cruise lines worth the money or are there any other better value options from independent tour companies? many thanks

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear View on 31 May

I think most of the bear-watching tours offered by the cruise lines don't begin until July. There are some independent tours that take you to Herring Cove, your chances are fairly good there. There's also the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary hiking tour in that same area, you also have a fairly good chance with that.

Hope that helps.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear View on 31 May

I would not count on seeing bears anywhere near the road system at the end of May. Mostly they come down out of the woods when the salmon are running hard at the end of the summer. I would advise you to save your money on any tours promising bear sightings unless they are true wilderness expeditions such as the ones to Anan Creek Bear Observatory.

usa
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear View on 31 May

thanks so much for all your input. I will certainly save it for another tour then..I can't wait for Alaska!

4. Re: Bear View on 31 May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 28, 2010