We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon Falls Resort

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Salmon Falls Resort

Can you tell me about this resort? It seems like the kind of place my husband would love, and I think I might even enjoy it. Would like to start checking on some salmon fishing for 2010. Best times to go are????.........

I'll start searching on here, but if anyone can pull up some old threads, I would be very appreciative.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salmon Falls Resort

Salmon Falls resort has been around a long time, but in the past few years it has new owners who have taken the lodge to a whole new level of service and comfort. I haven't been fishing there, as I live in town, but I frequently make the drive to the property for special meals in the summer. The boat house and fishing fleet are immaculate, the staff is delightful, the grounds are pristine and the food is the best on the island. You feel like you are in a very special place, removed from everything, despite being on the road system because the grounds and waterfront are extensive, landscaped and beautiful. Being on the road is also an advantage because staying at Salmon Falls saves you from having to take a float plane to a more remote area. The folks at the lodge can pick you up at the airport and arrange day trips for you while your husband fishes, or you will just delight in the peace and quiet while you read looking at Clover Pass, watching for whales and enjoying the most dramatic falls around. I believe there is a new hot tub on the property and a massage therapist...lots of opportunities to relax and enjoy your vacation.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salmon Falls Resort

Thank you so much for the information.. When is the best time to go to that area of Alaska for fishing? I'll fish with him a couple of days.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salmon Falls Resort

There are five different salmon species on our island, as well as halibut, rock cod, etc. and all come in at different times as far as I can tell. I would call the lodge and talk to them about what you want to catch. People fish here from May-September without any problem .

4. Re: Salmon Falls Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 01, 2010