We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

Kernersville, N.c.
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

We are taking a cruise Aug 12 and we have signed up for the Saxaman Village and Lumberjack show and I am having second thoughts on doing this combo. Would it be better to do the misty fjords floatplane? Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks, Jane

virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

Depends on your interests. I can only tell you about the lumberjack show. My 17 year old son thought that the lumberjack show was the best! He enjoyed the souped up chain saws, etc. I personally thought it was very overpriced & not worth the $. It was just OK. Save your $ for something else.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,371 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

We really enjoyed the Misty Fjord flight with Island Wings. The Lumberjack Show I thought was crap, pure tourist trap, and have seen better wood chopping at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, but my wife enjoyed it. Go figger. :(

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

Well, I thought both Misty Fjords and the Lumberjack Show were both overpriced for what you get.

I did enjoy Saxman Village, though.

And don't miss the walking tour--it's free! :-) One of the best I've been on. You should be able to see salmon going up the small "falls" (or the fish ladder if they find it), plus Creek Street is very interesting. You can get a map at the visitor center beside the dock.

4. Re: saxaman villiage and lumber jack show or the misty fjords fl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2010