We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

allutian ballad excursion

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
327 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
allutian ballad excursion

We will bein Ketchikan in June on our cruise. . we are huge fans of Deadliest Catch .. and find the excursion on the Allutian Ballad intriguing. . but in looking at the pictures. .the boat looks very "touristy". . Has anyone taken the tour? is it worth the price? Or is there a better option for a Ketchikan excursion?

thanks

MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: allutian ballad excursion

Have you checked "Cruise Critic" boards...ports.. alaska. You have to register but you can do a search. I didn't find anything under Allutian Ballard but did find many posts when I put in just "crab".

I have not been on this excursion but have read many very favorable comments. Example "found this to be a really, really great excursion." Another comment "We have done it two years in a row and will do it every time back" and yet another "We just did this last week and I would say go for it. GREAT tour if you love wildlife don't miss this toue(sic)". If you chose to check out cruise critic, you will get much further in depth comments. Hope this helps.

I decided to post since no one answered. My DD and her BF will be doing this when we are in Ketchikan in June.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: allutian ballad excursion

Just an update. .ITs phenomenal = Especially if you're a fan of Deadly CAtch show. . they know all the captains and crew and talk about it ..you see soo many different types of crab and other sea life ..and the stories they tell .. Not "touristy" at all

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: allutian ballad excursion

Yeah! It is our first activity on our first full day in Alaska. I am so glad you had a great time. I can't wait!!!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
327 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: allutian ballad excursion

You'll love it .. try and be early and sit in the front row near the big tanks (you'll see when on boat) .. they open the chains for you to go out to the rail when the eagle feeding begins and it helps to be near them.

Also, not sure what cruise line you're on . .but if its Royal. . its a short day in Ketchican .. thus . .do all the shopping and exploring the town BEFORE the excursion ..as you'll have less than an hour after to do anything.

cant wait to hear your thoughts on it

5. Re: allutian ballad excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, December 15, 2009