We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to see/do in 1 day

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
what to see/do in 1 day

We are in port 1 day on cruise ship, have a rental car reserved, what should we see/do in just 1 day in Ketchikan

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,514 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to see/do in 1 day

What are your interests? How long are you in port?

I would probably drive to Totem Bight totem pole park (print out the pole description before you leave).

www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/units/totembgh.htm

www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/units/totempol.com

If you like hiking, I would head to Ward Lake and the Perseverance Trail.

You can stop on the way back at the Wal Mart if you want to stock up on some beverages to bring back on board with you.

John

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to see/do in 1 day

The totem pole description page is at:

dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/totempol.htm

Kingston, Tennessee
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to see/do in 1 day

We like the city bus in Ketchikan! It is cheap and takes you all over town. The best part is having the people tell you stories. They love chatting with tourists and we love having them enlighten us!!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to see/do in 1 day

I guess my first response is to read the other couple of dozen posts in this list that answer that question over and over again. With so little information, it is impossible to answer your question. Get a guidebook (I like Frommer's and Alaska Best Places) and narrow down your options. There is a big difference between tours, outdoor adventures, quiet meals, sightseeing, shopping and museums. Everyone has a different idea of how they like to spend their time on holiday. Ketchikan is small yes, but has many, many itineraries to choose from.

5. Re: what to see/do in 1 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 22, 2009