We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge

St. Charles
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge

I am considering staying at this lodge a day or two with my family of four with two teenage boys. Does anyone have any experiences here or information about this lodge? I May combine this hotel with a glacier day cruise package. This is on Fox Island in Resurrection Bay. Thanks

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
148 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge

We stayed there last August for one night. We took the tour to the Island and got there about noon, ate lunch(salmon bake) and then went sea kayaking in the afternoon. There is hiking available also but both of these activities are very dependent on weather. The hiking trails become very slick and muddy when they get wet. We had 4-5 foot swells come up while we were kayaking. May be normal but seemed pretty wavy to me.

The rooms are very rough (plywood floors and paperthin walls) but it is the experience of being in a special wilderness place that is extraordinary.

The food served there is pentiful and good. Hope you decide to stay there.

2. Re: Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 25, 2009