We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska canoe excursions

texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska canoe excursions

I originally planned to do the Mendenhall Glacier Native Canoe Adventure and a whale watching excursion in Juneau. I am now thinking of doing the Taku Lodge Feast w/ 5 glacier seaplane discovery. If I add that one, I have to not do either the whale watching or the canoe trip. In Skagway there is the Glacier point Wilderness Safari that I can take in place of the Juneau canoe trip. Is one better than the other?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska canoe excursions

Can't speak as to which is "better".....both are different.....

The Glacier Point Wilderness Safari includes a boat ride to a much more remote location........to me I think that would be more enjoyable than a canoe trip in Mendenhall Lake with hundreds of people on the shoreline.....just my opinion though......

I have also done the Taku Lodge tour and the flight over the glaciers in a seaplane is truly spectacular........

2. Re: Alaska canoe excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 15, 2015