We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juneau Private tours

New Orleans
11 posts
Save Topic
Juneau Private tours

Party of 6 on a cruise with all day stop in Juneau. Does anyone know of any small private tours (other than ship offerings) that would be available?

Thanks Wendy

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juneau Private tours

Hi Wendy

I have seen several of the taxi services in Juneau with signs on the outside of the cabs saying they can be rented by the hour.......many are larger vans that would accommodate 6 comfortably........I know Capital Cabs was one of them but can't remember the other one.....a google search should find it for you....Most of the cabbies are year round residents and are familiar with the history and landmarks in Juneau, but if there is any place in particular you want to see be sure to ask them about it......and since the cruise season is so busy, I would book the taxi tour in advance.......

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juneau Private tours

Do you mean for a tour of the town? or a wildllife tour?

The city web site hs info on tour operators.

traveljuneau.com/cms/d/attractions_and_adven…

Mighty Great Trips is a popular way to reach Mendenhall Glacier; their shuttle is $16 RT. They also have tours. Don't know if they offer private charter. http://mightygreattrips.com/tours/

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Juneau Private tours

"Does anyone know of any small private tours (other than ship offerings) that would be available?"

Yes, I do. But the site's guidelines won't let me say more.

If you go the the Juneau listings on Trip Advisor and then to the "Activities" page you will find several companies listed there.

4. Re: Juneau Private tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014