We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching in Juneau

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching in Juneau

We will be on a Holland America cruise stopping in Juneau. We're told it is better to book tours locally than through Holland America. Can somebody recommend a good company to go whale watching with? Thank you.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

Harv & Marv are the best

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

We did whale watching with Harv and Marv's in June - easy pick-up at the cruise ship and drop off in plenty of time for all-aboard. We would recommend them.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

did it with Harv & marv couple of weeks a go- great. just book on-line.

New England
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

Still marveling on all the whales we saw with Harv and Marv. there were only 6 passengers on the boat we were on. No worrying about getting a spot to see the whales. They are awesome.

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

This may be a silly question, but do the whale watching boats go out into the ocean where it can be rough? I am assuming that is the case as it is in most locations where there are whale watching tours. I get seasick and can't generally do those tours.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

No open waters on short whale watching tours from Auke Bay in Juneau

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

We went with Orca and had a fantastic tour with lots and lots of whales. If you want to go with Harv & Marv, be sure to reserve early as they are very popular and can't handle as many passengers..

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

Harv and Marv used to have two boats. Now they expanded with more boats and several captains. They do add fuel surcharge. I wouldn't hesitate to book with Orca or some other good companies if Marv and Harv are not available. Read reviews on TA

Juneau, Alaska
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

As a local travel agent, Alaska Galore Tours is my personal favorite! www.alaskagalore.com

Winder, Georgia
Level Contributor
351 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whale watching in Juneau

I have been out with both Harv & Marv, as well as Orca. Saw whales & enjoyed both trips. Reserve early with either, both reputable companies.